In the past, Spring Garden Fair has been the main fundraiser for the Jackson County Master Gardener Association. Not being able to have a SGF since 2019 has put a major crimp in our ability to raise funds to support our many community efforts. There have been several smaller ongoing fundraising efforts developed over the years, though, that may have been forgotten. A series of articles are going to be written, one each month, to highlight these easy-to-do ways to raise funds for JCMGA.
Are you on Facebook? You can celebrate your big day by creating a fundraiser for
your friends. Start about 2 weeks ahead by following these directions:
Create a nonprofit fundraiser
- On your computer, login to Facebook.
- On the left, click Fundraisers.
- Tip:If you don’t see Fundraisers on the left, then click See more.
- On the left, click Raise money.
- Click Nonprofit
- You can either:
- Scroll to find the nonprofit you want to raise money for
- Type into the search bar to find the nonprofit you want to raise money for
- Select the nonprofit.
- On the left, enter:
- The goal amount of money you want to raise
- The currency you want the funds to be in
- Click Create.
You’ll see a screen pop up where you can invite your friends to donate to your fundraiser, share your fundraiser in your feed, or donate to the fundraiser yourself.