- Jackson County Master Gardeners Announcements — September 2023 - August 31, 2023
- Plant a Row Opportunity Update - August 31, 2023
- The JCMGA Board Needs YOU! - August 31, 2023
The Jackson County Master Gardener Association annual picnic was held at the SOREC Extension on Saturday, August 19th. We had a wonderful time – good friends, delicious food, wonderful conversations. As part of our picnic, we briefly reviewed what we have accomplished as an organization this year! Lots to celebrate!
- Special thank you to Joe Alvord for stepping up at the last moment to BBQ our meat for the picnic!
- Special thank you to Colet Allen for doing all the grocery shopping for this event!
- Special thank you to our hard-working Member Services Working Group – Lucy Pylkki, Marcie Katz, Grace Florjancic, Linda Millus, Sandy Hansen, Trina Stout, Colet Allen and Barbara Low – for their work behind the scenes.
Also, a BIG thank you to Marcie Katz, our president, for her support, energy, and positive attitude during this challenging year.
Several people were recognized during this event for what they have done for JCMGA. Below is a list of the awards that were given out.
Special Recognitions –
- Grace Florjancic- “Compassionately Committed Coordinator” for stepping up and giving your full support and more to JCMGA
- Jane Moyer & Lynn Kunstman — “Leadership through Example” for their above and beyond planning, teaching and leading the Practicum and its Mentors smoothly through new waters.
- Keltie Nelson – “Master of the MailChimps” for her clever doctoring and timely ability to send the MailChimp communications to the members.
- Sandy Hansen – “Fabulous Facebook Facilitator” for keeping our Facebook page looking professional, current and fun.
- * Sean Cawley & Keltie Nelson – “Financial Wizards” who laboriously work with QuickBooks to manage our accounts, keeping us on track and out of the red.
- Janine Salvatti – “Having A Keen Eye” producing the 2023 Directory cover photograph and inspiration for beautifying the gardens with Mosaic Glass.
- Sandy Hammond, Lucy Pylkki, Sandy Hansen – “Event Organizers Extraordinaire” for their ambitious dedication and hard work bringing the Spring Garden Fair back to life in a new venue.
- Heidi Gehrmann – “Amazing Program Support” for stepping up to facilitate the JCMGA through our transition between Program Coordinators.
- Laurel Briggs – “Webmaster Wonder Woman” for expert problem solving and updating our JCMGA presence in the digital world.
- Lisa Brill – “Excellence in Editing” for all the wonderful work “spit and polishing” our Garden Beet submissions.
- Susan Koenig, Colet Allen, Barbara Low – “Virtual Ambassadors” for successfully leading the way taking Winter Dreams/Summer Gardens from limited capacity in-person classrooms to virtual classes and finding excellent speakers that teach plant science which now reach a much larger expanded audience.
State Master Gardeners Awards Nominees (these people were nominated for the specific award by JCMGA)
- Susan Koenig – State Behind the Scenes Award
- Jim Buck – State Growing and Belonging Award
State Master Gardener Awards Recipients 2023
- Lynn Kunstman – State Master Gardener of the Year Award
County Master Gardeners Awards Recipients 2023
- John Kobal – County Master Gardener of the Year Award
- Regina Boykins – County Behind the Scenes Award
- Trina Stout – County Growing and Belonging Award
Oregon Master Gardeners Association Longevity Awards
|FIRST NAME||LAST NAME||YEAR|
|FIRST NAME||LAST NAME||YEAR|