- Jackson County Master Gardeners Announcements – December 2023 - November 29, 2023
- JCMGA 2024 Elected Board Members - November 29, 2023
- Time to Renew Your JCMGA Membership for 2024 - November 29, 2023
Community Outreach Working Group
- Worked on the Budget Request for 2024
- Special Events:
- The Builders Association welcomes JCMGA’s participation in their home shows in Josephine County in February and at Expo in May. There would be no charge for a booth, but they ask for our help in advertising the events. Ronnie Budge suggested the booth could be like the one JCMGA developed for Medford Open Streets in Hawthorne Park. When Colet Allen meets with the president of the Josephine Co. MGA, she will ask about their participation in the Jo. Co. home show in 2022, specifically if they presented “webinars” or other programming.
- Friends of the Gardens:
- Colet reported that Grace Florjancic needs to finish some administrative details before the new Friends program can begin. The COWG may assist the Member Services WG with other planning.
- Speakers Bureau:
- Colet is still working on training new speakers. Although the Jackson County Library wanted to have a winter series of gardening programs, no JCMGA members volunteered to present. However, there will be a spring gardening series. Topics: Butterflies; Beneficial Insects; Native Grasses.
Recent presenters were disappointed by the small attendance at both in-person and Zoom library programs. Colet will discuss this with library representative Spencer Ellis. It was recommended that if speakers have handouts to share (whether with in-person or Zoom audiences), they be distributed after the presentations and not before.
- School Grants:
- John Kobal is trying to reach every school in Jackson County to let them know about the grants and the application deadline of November 3. Once applications are received, committee members will visit the schools in person to learn more about their proposals before awards are made.
FUNDRAISING WORKING GROUP
chair is Sandy Hammond
The JCMGA first Fall Festival was a success.
Garden Enhancement Working Group
Chair, Janine Salvatti
We are continuing to work in the gardens and are now getting them ready for the cooler temperatures.
Marketing and Technology Working Group
chair is Marcia Harris
Marcia is stepping down as chair. We are looking for someone to take her place.
Member Services Working Group
chair is Barbara Low
The MG Class of 2023 Graduation Celebration is on November 4 from 5:30-8:00 p.m. in the auditorium at the SOREC Extension.
We are sending out a survey to our current and past members to find out what they like about JCMGA and what they would like to have improved. This will be a very short survey.
Program Support Working Group
Chair is Grace Florjancic
We are entering the busy season for the Program Support Working Group. Much is happening with planning for the 2024 year. We are scheduling speakers for the community education classes, scheduling locations for Seed to Supper classes, and finalizing details for the 2024 MG Training class. Reach out to Grace Florjancic email@example.com if you are interested in joining the Program Support Working Group. There is much to do to get the community education classes rolling!
Winter Dreams Summer Gardens Working Group
chairs are Colet Allen, Susan Koenig, and Barbara Low
Registration is now open Winter Dreams Summer Gardens 2023 Symposium. This virtual event will be October 27, 28, November 3, and 4.
The links for the recordings will be sent out the week of November 5th.
There will be a satisfaction survey sent out the week of November 5th and the data collected will be used to plan for next year’s Winter Dreams Summer Gardens.