Practicum – Week 11 (4/9 – 4/14)
- Native Plants/Attracting Beneficials
- Transplanting Tomatoes into the Garden
- Review of Edibles
- Students will be able to explain why native plants are an important component of our yard and garden landscapes, and how they help our beneficial insects. Students will also become familiar with the native plants we are growing to sell at Spring Garden Fair.
- Students will learn different techniques for planting tomatoes.
- Students become acquainted with the edible plants to be sold at the Spring Garden Fair.
Homework assignment to be read/viewed before coming to Practicum:
Extended reading/viewing (optional):
- Attend the showing of the film The Biggest Little Farm when shown at the OSU Extension (date to be announced).