Practicum – Week 6 (3/5 – 3/10)
- Propagating Succulents
- Storage Organs
- Students will learn how to propagate hardy succulents in several ways.
- Students will learn to differentiate among bulbs, corms, tubers, tuberous roots, and rhizomes; propagation techniques for each; and the most effective practices for their care.
- Read this Weblink – Types of Succulents
- Read this Weblink – Tips for Planting Succulents in Containers
- Read this Document – Bulb Types – Dividing Underground Organs
- Read this Article (slideshow) – 14 Tips for Planting Your Favorite Bulbs
- Watch Video Below – Dividing and Planting Iris
Extended reading/viewing (optional):
- Read this Weblink – Tips for Arranging Succulents in Containers and Landscapes
- Read this Document – Bulbs and Other Rooting Structures