- We are off to a great start!
- We have collected 236 pounds of produce so far!
- A BIG thank you to everyone who has contributed produce!
- 40% of the produce collected – so far – is from our JCMGA Vegetable Demonstration Garden. The garden’s GEM is Seán Cawley. Thank you to Seán and his team for their hard work in the Vegetable Garden!
- All collected produce is being donated to the Access Community Action Agency of Jackson County. Access will distribute it to help feed others.
- Plant a Row provides a great opportunity for us to help others who need a little extra help to feed their families.
Here’s how to donate produce to Access:
- Produce can be dropped off at the SOREC Extension at the Gathering Garden on Wednesday mornings from 9-10:30 a.m.
- Once you’ve dropped off your donation, we will have a record sheet on the table with the scale in the Gathering Garden. Record how much produce (by weight) and what kind of vegetable/fruit you have donated so we can keep track!
- We have a beautiful Plant a Row Food Donated Thermometer to record how much food we are able to donate to Access (by pounds).
- Encourage friends to participate even if they are not Master Gardeners.
If you have questions, please
contact Barbara Low at firstname.lastname@example.org.