Spring is on its way!
Trees are budding and flowers are starting to bloom.
What a great time of year!
We started 2024 off with a bang. Jackson County Master Gardeners Association has been busy! We’ve embarked on many activities:
- JCMGA held its Winter Board Retreat at the end of January. We had great discussions concerning our Strategic Plan for 2024. The data from our Member Services Survey, completed in November, was used to help make some of our plans. Thank you to those who took time to complete the survey. We continue work on our Strategic Plan for 2024 and will complete it at our March Board meeting. It will be in the April Garden Beet.
- Our Working Groups are very busy working on different aspects of JCMGA. Together we can accomplish a great deal in a small amount of time. In the process we build friendships, share knowledge, and especially have FUN.
- The Master Gardener Class of 2024 started their optional Practicum. This involves hands-on activities concerning home gardening. They are busy planting seeds for our upcoming Spring Garden Fair.
- We are planning several activities and hope that you will join us. Please mark your calendars:
- Spring Garden Fair – May 4-5 at the Southern Oregon Research Extension Center
- Medford Open Streets Event – May 17
- JCMGA Annual Meeting – June 14
- Annual Picnic and Awards Ceremony (with educational component) – June 29
One of the things that I truly enjoy about working with people at JCMGA is their focus on gardening and all its aspects. We all have so much knowledge to share, and can all continue to learn. But also, we enjoy each other’s company and provide support in the tasks we do.
Thank you again for all that you do for JCMGA.