- Jackson County Master Gardeners Announcements – December 2023 - November 29, 2023
- JCMGA 2024 Elected Board Members - November 29, 2023
- Time to Renew Your JCMGA Membership for 2024 - November 29, 2023
I am continuing this series of articles and hope that you find them helpful and inspiring. In November, there is quite a bit to do in the garden depending on what you want to grow. Time to make sure that we are ready for winter. By caring for our gardens, we are also caring for ourselves – physically, mentally, and emotionally.
The Jackson County Master Gardener Association has a great resource for gardeners to use. It is the Garden Guide for the Rogue Valley – Year-Round & Month by Month. This great reference book for gardeners is mainly about growing vegetables, berries, and melons.
November is the time to:
- Time to provide protection for the watering system. Make sure to drain the lines and protect the faucets and valves from freezing.
- Check drainage in case of heavy rains.
- Tie trailing cane berries to wires. Prune fall-bearing raspberries. Good time to apply manure to berries.
- Still time to plant garlic and shallots – weather and soil conditions permitting.
- Remember to keep a cold frame producing with lettuce and other greens.
Garden Guide for the Rogue Valley – Year-Round & Month by Month. This book contains a wealth of gardening information. You can purchase it at our local Grange Co-op or at the OSU Extension office for $21.00. It can also be purchased on-line at https://jacksoncountymga.org/shop/. Note that a shipping fee will be applied.
Garden For Life