- Jackson County Master Gardeners Announcements — September 2023 - August 31, 2023
- Plant a Row Opportunity Update - August 31, 2023
- The JCMGA Board Needs YOU! - August 31, 2023
In the April issue of The Garden Beet, we introduced the idea of “Planting a Row” to help families in our community who are struggling to feed their loved ones. Beginning in late July, you can donate any extra produce you grow and Access Community Action Agency of Jackson County will distribute it to help feed others.
Plant A Row started in Anchorage, Alaska, when garden columnist Jeff Lowenfels asked readers to plant an extra row of vegetables to donate to the local soup kitchen. The community took up the challenge and were able to provide fresh vegetables and fruit to others. The program went national in 1995.
How can you donate produce to people in need?
- Grow food! Whether you have a community garden plot, or just a few tomato plants, every pound helps.
- Produce can be dropped off at the SOREC Extension by the Free Table on Wednesday mornings from 9-10 a.m. This will start July 26th.
- Once you’ve dropped off your donation, we will have a record sheet which you may use to record how much produce (by weight) and what kind of vegetable/fruit you have donated so we can keep track! (The form is on the next page if you want to fill it out in advance.)
- Encourage friends to participate even if they are not Master Gardeners.
If you have questions, please
contact Barbara Low at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plant A Row Project
Name _____________________________________ Date ________________
|Type of Vegetable/Fruit||Weight of Produce|
Please drop off donations at the SOREC Extension
569 Hanley Rd, Central Point, OR 97502
By the Free Table on Wednesday mornings from 9-10 a.m.
beginning on July 26th.