- Master Gardeners WANT YOU! on the JCMGA Board - August 2, 2020
- Jackson County Master Gardener AssociationBoard of Directors Executive Committee Meeting - August 2, 2020
- Directory photo contest begins - August 2, 2020
Directory photo contest begins
By Patrice Kaska
Master Gardener 2016
Will your photograph be on the cover of next year’s JCMGA Chapter Directory?
The JCMGA Member Services Working Group is now accepting photo submissions for its first annual Photo Contest. The winning photograph will appear on the cover of the 2021 JCMGA Chapter Directory — and don’t your tireless efforts of spring and summer deserve to be admired by us all?
Information and guidelines include the following:
- ✦The 2020 JCMGA Photo Contest is open to all current Jackson County Master Gardener Association members.
- ✦Photos may be submitted from Aug. 1 through Aug. 31, 2020.
We are able to accept one (1) photo from each member, so send us your very best!
- ✦Photographs are limited to those taken in the Master Gardener’s own home garden and are limited to flora (no fauna, please).
- ✦All photographs must be at least 1500 x 1575 pixels (5”x5-1/2” at 300 dpi) and all submitted photos become the property of JCMGA.
Email your entry to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, phone number, email address, and a short description of the flora pictured. Identifying information will be removed and the contest will be judged by members of the Member Services Working Group and the editor of the Garden Beet.
If you have questions, please email Patrice Kaska, Membership Secretary, at email@example.com.
The winning photograph will appear on the cover of the 2021 JCMGA Chapter Directory, and four runners-up will have their photographs featured in the Garden Beet. Winners will be announced in the October Garden Beet.
Whether your garden consists of several acres or a single plant in a hanging basket, we’d love the opportunity to honor the beauty you have created and nurtured.