- WE WANT YOU on the JCMGA Board! - July 15, 2021
- OSU Extension Master Gardener Program Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Initiative - July 5, 2021
- JCMGA WANTS YOU! - June 28, 2021
By Janine Salvatti
Master Gardener 2019
Our JCMGA gardeners are amazing in their dedication to seeing the Demonstration Gardens not just survive but thrive. Looking back on 2020, we were unable to work in our beloved gardens until late June.
At first glance, we literally could not see the gardens for the weeds. These babies were healthy, standing up to 6 or 7 feet tall and they were everywhere. Our gardeners came, they saw, and they conquered. By the final days in autumn, most gardens were looking well cared for. Our gardeners weeded, tussled with blackberries, organized new gardens, and came back week after week armed with tools, masks, and positivity. The Rose Garden was smothered in scent and beautiful flowers.
Here is a tiny pictorial sample of the bright spots:
- Doug put a lovely pathway through the Herb Garden.
- Gorgeous autumn crocus in the Entry Garden.
- A color facelift for Kitchen Garden seating.