- Jackson County Master Gardeners Announcements — September 2023 - August 31, 2023
- Plant a Row Opportunity Update - August 31, 2023
- The JCMGA Board Needs YOU! - August 31, 2023
Community Outreach Working Group
- Work is continuing to be done to update the Speakers Bureau and help support new potential speakers.
- We are looking at the possibility of providing those gardeners who are blind with a digital version of the Garden Guides.
- We have started discussing how we might provide support to our community of Spanish speakers.
- Discussing how we can help get the word out about the wonderful resource we have in the Plant Clinic.
- Mary Foster has resigned as chair of the Community Gardens. We are talking about how we want to proceed.
- John Kobal reported that he is devising a plan to assimilate new student volunteers into the School Grants Committee.
FUNDRAISING WORKING GROUP
chair is Sandy Hammond
The Fundraising Working Group meets on the 3rd Friday of each month at 1:00 in the conference room. We sure do welcome newcomers to attend with brainstorming ideas. Our next event will be on Oct.14th at the extension. We are planning a native plant sale, Christmas items including wreaths and other decorations. We will also be selling beautiful garden art made by the Fundraising folks. We hope to have food and other plant vendors join us. We love new ideas and fun participation.
Marketing and Technology Working Group
chair is Marcia Harris
We have been busy looking at the technology which JCMGA has and asking if it meets our current and future needs.
Member Services Working Group
chair is Barbara Low
We are busy planning the Membership Picnic, which will be Saturday, August 19th.
We have also started planning the Class of 2023 Graduation, which will be Saturday, November 4th.
We had a Joint Meeting with the Community Outreach Working Group to discuss the concept of “Friends of JCMGA”. It was decided that we form a Friends of JCMGA Committee to work out details for a possible proposal.
Program Support Working Group
Chair: Grace Florjancic
We are adding an online zoom option to our evening community education classes! This makes it easier for those working farther away from the extension office to still be able to attend evening classes. Hope to see you there (or from far away)!
Winter Dreams Summer Gardens Working Group
chairs are Colet Allen, Susan Koenig, and Barbara Low
We have been busy organizing the Winter Dreams Summer Gardens 2023 Symposium. This virtual event will be October 27, 28, November 3, and 4.
We have secured our 14 speakers on a wide variety of topics.
There are details posted on the JCMGA website.