- 2022 JCMGA Graduation - October 30, 2022
- ATTENTION PERENNIAL (i.e. VETERAN) MASTER GARDENERS - October 30, 2022
- Easy Fundraising for JCMGA - October 30, 2022
Jackson County Master Gardener Association (JCMGA) has been without a coordinator since March 31 when Erika Szonntag left for Colorado. Have you started wondering if there will ever
again be a replacement? Well, hope springs eternal!
A Search Committee was formed in July with the following members:
- Didgette McCracken, Grant County Open Campus Coordinator, Search Chair
- Kayla Sheets, Local Liaison Between County Clients, Government, and OSU, Search Advocate
- Danielle Knueppel, Josephine Co. Small Farms and MG Program Coordinator, Horticulture Faculty Representative
- Gordon Jones, Assistant Professor, Crop and Soil Science, SOREC Representative
- Jane Moyer, Jackson County Master Gardener, Community Stakeholder
The hiring timeline established by the Search Committee is:
- August 26, Job posting and flyer published
- September 13, Review interview questions
- September 25, Closing of application period
- October 4, Committee reviews applications
- October 10 or Oct 20, Zoom interviews with Committee
- October 25, Check references
- November 1-3, In-person interviews
- November 4, Make recommendation to Regional Director and Associate Dean of Extension
- November 10, Start HR processes
All dates are subject to change.
The in-person interviews will include a tour of SOREC and community meetings where finalists will make presentations and community members will have a chance to make recommendations to the Search Committee. Details will be sent out in advance. Watch your email for the Mailchimp.
Contact Jane Moyer if you have questions or comments (firstname.lastname@example.org).