- Jackson County Master Gardeners Announcements — September 2023 - August 31, 2023
- Plant a Row Opportunity Update - August 31, 2023
- The JCMGA Board Needs YOU! - August 31, 2023
Beginning this month, you can donate any extra produce you grow, and Access Community Action Agency of Jackson County will distribute it to help feed others. Plant a Row provides a great opportunity for us to help others who need a little extra help to feed their families.
How can you donate produce to people in need?
- Grow food! Whether you have a community garden plot, or just a few tomato plants, every pound helps.
- Produce can be dropped off at the SOREC Extension by the Free Table on Wednesday mornings from 9-10 a.m. This will start July 26th.
- Once you’ve dropped off your donation, we will have a record sheet which you may use to record how much produce (by weight) and what kind of vegetable/fruit you have donated so we can keep track! (The form is on the next page if you want to fill it out in advance.)
- We have a beautiful Plant a Row Food Donated Thermometer to record how much food we are able to donate to Access (by pounds). Thank you Janine Slavatti for creating the thermometer!!
- Encourage friends to participate even if they are not Master Gardeners.
If you have questions, please
contact Barbara Low at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plant A Row Project
Name _____________________________________ Date ________________
|Type of Vegetable/Fruit||Weight of Produce|
Please drop off donations at the SOREC Extension
569 Hanley Rd, Central Point, OR 97502
By the Free Table on Wednesday mornings from 9-10 a.m.
beginning on July 26th.